Wednesday 28 March 2012

“Living Room” …the beginning of my manual for life


Gentle focus and study facilitated by this place has quenched my mental thirst.  When not meditating, mopping with a bamboo and old rag, sweeping with a bunch of twigs or washing up with wood ash and coconut fibre,I have spent several hours a day in my room under the fan with spiritual books I have gathered from Ashrams and Amazon (they weigh less on the kindle!).  I have now created a higgledy-piggledy manual on how I want to lead my life when I get home.  There are scribbled pages in my notebook which now contain (in no particular order)…
  • Wonderful quotes from all of the books I have read.
  • Big things to ponder/consider …like ongoing vegetarianism
  • Ways I can immediately start to serve others
  • Ideas about the right kind of work to facilitate happiness
  • Notes and suggestions as to how to simplify my UK life
  • Situations that I have found hard to deal with and how to accomplish them better
  • Things to look up when I get back
  • Lists of what is important now …and what isn’t
  • A page or so on the meditation space I am going to create
  • Techniques for starting/coping with/ending the day properly
Earthenware ...unbelievably cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!