Wednesday 28 March 2012

Out of the prayer closet!

Alongside and partly thanks to my studies I have dealt with my discomfort with the word prayer.  I always thought that you had to believe in a recognised God-figure in order to pray.  I didn’t have a God-figure and so I thought that even crossing my fingers or saying “oh my god” was hypocritical.  Praying was out of the question for me.

Since being at the Ashram, it has dawned on me that I have actually been praying since I went to Gaia House for the first 5 days of December 2011.  Loving Kindness meditation is prayer because in order to send peace, love and compassion to others I am communing with a greater force …the atomic vibrations (bear with me) which constitute the common consciousness (The force of Nature).
So there we have it, for me at least, God is Nature (something I was reliably informed of years ago on a flight to Dubai) and regardless of religion we  are all capeable of being thankful and compassionate …and that is all there really is to it!


Give us this day our daily bread! ;)

NB – If anyone reading this used to sweat their nights out with me at the H@cienda in the 90s …did you ever think you’d see the day that I publically extoled the virtues of prayer? …she’s still full of surprises! ;) x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!