Wednesday 21 December 2011

Delly's Belly leaving Delhi

During the night I felt a familiar tenderising of gut and for what could have been an hour my mind flitted between all too vivid multi-sensory memories of the train's toilet and concerted efforts to pretend I was not really feeling any form of liquification within. These agonising moments were punctuated by paranoia that the baby below me would start to scream on top of Uncle's monumental snores in the next upper birth. Then I had a vision, a vision of a lady stepping gracefully out into a non descript European city with a face of sublime peace. This was not the look of enlightenment, nor that of an awakened mind, but the look of relief that immodium can bring ...and like a flash the strapline of that very advert came to me, "almost instant relief". I thanked my lucky stars that I read those magazines at the hairdressers and resolved the problem from my medicine pack ...almost instantly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!