Wednesday 21 December 2011

Expectant...

I feel surreal; light joy and gentle bewilderment with a satisfied hunger as I lie on my bed in this shimmeringly clean space (Rahaul Guesthouse) where I have set down my bags this evening. Despite getting my opportunity to walk Bihar's sandy tracks at entirely the the wrong time in entirely the wrong direction and with both backpacks, I eventually found Bodhgaya. Tibetans and monks ooze like saffron blood through the smokey streets here, and it feels supremely safe. I never like an arrival in darkness especially when you're disembarked alone from a bus at the opposite end of town to where sense and guidebooks suggest you will land, however, I feel secure here so its a wonder that I have left a fabulous tented restaurant full of interesting looking travellers and returned to my room at only 8pm, but I just feel odd. I have an expectant feeling that I want to let evolve and I think I will need an early start to allow that to happen. Already I do not want to talk to the fellow travellers but I feel that they want to leave me alone too, maybe I am just overwhelmed at so many people having been so remote these last few days, or lonely, or tired or maybe this is where I start to get to grips with myself...

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Adele
    I hope u r gaining all you need from this wonderful journey The UK is a poorer place for your absence. I can smell and see India through your poetic acounts. So much to take in and I know travelling on your own is hard - but only you could do this !I send you all my support for the difficult days. I need to Thank you for getting me thorugh the darkest day of my life 2 days ago Your words gave me heart , hope and faith in the future. Whilst my heart is in your hands I focus on only one thing vibes to keep you safe in India , love to keep you secure and a shield to protect you as you continue this wonderful trip. Get out of it all you need - emotions too !! You are everything to me . I love you lots and wait for the next blog you wonderful "travelling" lady
    Sorry Mr and Mrs B but who can fail to love Adele
    xxx 101

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!