Wednesday 7 December 2011

...quite a flat meadow actually

On Wednesday I reached my open meadow ...my last day at work.

I had ached for this day in recent weeks (note agonising poetry) and yet when it arrived I was full of sadness.  I had worked there for 5 years and 8 months.  It had been my constant companion, my place of professional growth, my primary focus and my network.  It had accompanied me through marriage, divorce and emotional turmoil yet I never until recently considered that it could have been the insidious creator of the later two.

The goodbyes were tough, even the emailing of them was a pull on my heart, but that same heart was lifted by the kind replies I received in those closing hours.

Mixed emotion was a sleep depriving demon inside me and at 0130 I got up.  I cannot recall what I did but I went back to bed at about 0430 and slept for 1.5 hours before leaving the compost in the sink, the computer switched on and a house that looked like it had been burgled.

...but leave it for a better place I did.

5 silent days of Buddhist meditation retreat in glorious Devon countryside

I was there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!