Sunday 25 December 2011

From Bodhgaya with Love


I was truly excited about coming here, I thought I would find a vipassana retreat and retreat amidst the energy of the place where Buddha found enlightenment.  I did find a retreat but then it was cancelled, I was not too upset because it was a bit of a "starve yourself until Christmas" kind of retreat which did not sound that ideal anyway. Most people here have been starving themselves because they are or have been really ill. As a result, and having visited buddhist temples from every budhist nation, I am now skipping the Dalai Lama's teachings which would require me to stay until new year and I am shipping out to Varanassi for Christmas...

The Tibetan Temple in Bodhgaya was stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!