Wednesday 4 April 2012

Lapping the sleepy shores of Diu




I am a creator of memorable moments, I always have been.  An idea takes hold and I try hard to conjure up the little details that will induce the optimal ambience.  It could be finding the precise time to walk the Corndon Skyline to maximise the summer sunset over Shropshire and Mid Wales.  It was once selecting the best drum and bass1 tracks to accentuate sun rise from the smoking rim of Mt Bromo.  Sometimes it’s as simple as choosing the perfect wine to compliment my cooking.  This time, Diu is giving me an extended perfect moment all of its own creation.




I needed a few basics this week like a reliable internet connection to start my job search, a decent laundry to give my knuckles a rest, vegetables with less oil and somewhere to write outdoors.  Diu served these up with its laid back ease and threw in my quirky little church roof bedroom and a host of natural beauty for good measure.






Unlike the weekenders, drinking undercover on their rows of plastic chairs just a few hundred metres away, the evening beer on the church roof is unhurried, its 360 views are decorated by a dazzling sunset and it precedes a table full of George’s wife’s delicious home cooking.



 1 It was the 90s!







Diu's haunting memorial to 160 lives lost in the Tsunami


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!