Thursday 5 April 2012

Missing Spring

You tell me that the skies are clear,
and skin is out in summer gear.
I read about the NHS
and that “they” ask if free is best?
I hear the sun was super warm,
and barbeques sizzled on the lawn.
You talk of petrol forecourt wars-
that others had …but you got yours.
I learn of jobs both lost and found
your careers shaped to earn that pound.
You say today it strangely snowed,
…at least you’d had the garden mowed.
You speak of people ill or gone
of space they’ve left …or might.

I’ll pray for your fortune
and feel for your ills
I’ll laugh at your weather
and smile at your spills
I’ll ponder your stories
And gasp at your thrills
But I break when you mention
those spring daffodils!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this poem Adele. Thought I'd send you one back!

    MAGNOLIA WITHOUT YOU


    Fur coated
    Tightly wrapped
    Fragrant white stars brave the cold.
    Be still.

    Snow falls
    Wind howls
    Stay tight in your cosy shells.
    Be warm.

    Days lengthen
    Sun shines
    Waken to the warmth dazzling blooms.
    Be ready.

    Chinadoxa blue
    Anemone Blanda
    Blue carpet heralds your arrival.
    Be awake.

    Burst jackets
    Pink tips
    A year since we saw your beauty.
    Be quick.

    Snow white
    Countless petals
    Perfection welcomes in spring.
    Be-autiful.

    Indian heat
    Missing spring
    A little homesick, been gone so long.
    Be patient.

    Time flies
    Planes fly
    Flowers die, prepare to reappear when you will
    BE HOME.


    Can't compete with your poetry, but you know how I always ponder the years events when the Stellata flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Mum, that was fantastic!!!

    Yes I do know about you and that magnificent tree (its probably why you and Dad are still in a five bed house!) and I am touched by this poem, thank you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem! And your poem too Hil! No poem in return from me. Sadly, the weather has returned to the usual grey reserved for school holidays and is no longer "super warm". I'll say nothing about the daffodils...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!