Saturday 12 May 2012

Bovine India 4




Painted, dairy, backdoor-herd
so much more than milk and curd.
Necklaced Oxen, driving-broke
so much more than cart and yoke.
Temple statue, laced with gold
so much more than plaster mould.
Fancy dress cow, “photo me”
so much more than cheese and ghee.
Tender new-born, home's a street
so much more than glue and meat.
Branded bull calf, must’ve stung
so much more than gas and dung.
Sacred buffalo, ploughing-worn
so much more than hide and horn
Kine of India, merit-fed
May egrets crown your holy head.


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful wonderful !!!! I just love this. Made me think of the ....'stampede.....scream....leap over fence event'. Actually, I couldnt imagine those docile Indian bovines being bothered to chase anyone, unlike the Yorkshire Dales variety!!!
    Only 19 days left xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked this, I have actually been adding and taking away from this one for about 3 months! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...funny you mentioned the stampede ...see today's post x

    ReplyDelete

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!