Sunday 20 May 2012

Price Tags (Brilliant things about Blighty 2)

Oh to thee the price tag
I must express my thanks
Behind you there’s economy
Supply, demand and banks. 

Now what you represent to me
goes way beyond the deal
You save me from the prejudice
That makes them want to steal.
Their government charges foreigners
near on ten times the price
which then throws down the gauntlet,
for rip-off scams and vice. 

They fight to catch a backpack
as it clambers of the bus
‘cause they’ll charge triple rupees
hoping we won’t make a fuss
They show a sign that says “fixed price”
To lull us into staying
Then make up what the hell they want
For us to soon be paying
They smile as we approach the stall
And pick out grapes and mango
Then fix fictitious kilo rates
In quite the price Fandango  

Oh to thee the price tag
I must express my thanks
Behind you there’s economy
Supply, demand and banks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!