Saturday 19 May 2012

The Brilliant Stuff about Blighty Series



Of course there are always things that people miss when they go away for any amount of time, I used to miss everyday comforts like my sofa during my endless weeks of working away.  In the beginning of this trip, it was all so exciting and new that I didn’t miss much, mainly Haribo and Dairy Milk, simple luxuries so easily taken for granted.  As the weeks became months being without western luxuries became my norm and I began to miss the “doing” things.  I’ve missed Cooking primarily but also riding bikes and horses, walking fast in beautiful countryside and being entertained through performance.  I still miss these things, the thought of soon being able to do them again fills me with a very innocent excitement but a range of more subtle and quite random misses have emerged driven largely by what I, as a Brit by creed and culture, perceive as uncomfortable differences between UK and Indian society.  I have captured some of these in the following collection of poems…


 - the totally British Sarah and Morag, creators of this lovely cushion and lots of other lovely things x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Readers - please ensure your comment is suitable for kids!